Volunteer of the Month
Francoise Brazeau Ferguson
The Ottawa Art Association is Ottawa's oldest, established in 1918. It welcomes artists from most categories in the Visual Arts: * Watercolour * Acrylic * Oil * Pastel * Mixed Media * Hhandprints * Graphite * Ink * Charcoal * Wall Sculptures * Painting on Silk * Prints made by hand
Become a member of this vibrant group of artists, both established and new, to build a single strong voice and home for us all, whatever our media preferences.
To become a member, please download the Membership Application Form found on the Forms page, print it and mail it with your cheque to the address listed on the form.
The membership year starts on 1 Sep. The membership fee is $30 CDN per year or $50 for a two year period.
Mail your application form to:
OAA Membership coordinator,
c/o Natalie Seymand
17 - 2336 Orient Park
Basic Member Benefits
- Nine one-month exhibitions of members' work at the Ottawa Little Theatre,
- Nine newsletters per year filled with OAA and member news, tips and events,
- A dynamic website with members-only features,
- Your personalized gallery page within the OAA website, to help you showcase and promote your art
- Members' Fall Awards Show,
- Juried Spring Awards Show,
- Social and Networking opportunities to meet other area artists,
- Scheduled presentations & demonstrations (except in summer),
If you you require further information on OAA Membership, please contact the OAA Membership Coordinator by e-mail
To download the Membership Application Form, please visit the Forms page to downloaded from there.
For Members and Guests
Announcing a new newsletter delivery service for members. Our newsletter is now available to anyone.
Many hands make light work!
We are proud to introduce a Volunteer Incentive and Rewards Program. ( VIRP ) Any OAA member who volunteers for sanctioned activity, event, position or responsibility will be rewarded by receiving one or more coupon(s) for their service. These coupons are exchangeable for benefits and participation in OAA premium events and activities. The premium benefits and events, along with the number of coupons required to participate, will be published on the web site under the "Events" web page.
You can earn VIRP coupons when you perform some of the tasks listed below. Generally you earn 1 coupon for every 3 hours of work, unless otherwise stated. You can also earn coupons by volunteering to assist any coordinator or OAA Executive member at any time. Just make contact!
The OAA needs you ... E-mail the President
- Gallery Host(s) A number of members to open the Nectar Gallery and complete sales to the general public (hosting responsibilities). Expectation:Each gallery shift is 3 hours.
- Advertising Coordinator A member to lead and coordinate the advertising efforts of the OAA. Expectation: 3 hours per week
- Graphic Designer A member to lead our branding efforts and provide support to the Advertising Coordinator Expectation: 3 hours per week
- Fall Awards Show Coordinator A member to lead the preparation efforts for the Fall Awards Show.Expectation: 6 hours per month, for 4 months
- Spring Awards Show Coordinator A member to lead the preparation efforts for the Fall Awards Show.Expectation: 6 hours per month, for 4 months
- Awards Show Volunteers A number of members to help the day of the awards show by doing work as directed by the coordinator Expectation: 3 hours on event day
- Jury Selection Coordinator A member to solicit the participation of accredited Art experts as jury members for our shows. Expectation: 15 hours per year.
- Events Coordinator A member to maintain a common calendar of events and notify Coordinators by email.Expectation:1.5 hours per week
- Gallery Volunteers A number of members to work on transition days at the two OAA galleries as directed by the coordinator. Expectation: 3 hours on event day
- Fund Raising Coordinator A member to lead fundraising events and activities, by formulating a plan and overseeing it's implementation.Expectation:3 hours per week
Positions Currently Occupied and Active
These are listed here because they are future opportunities to volunteer. We are always recruiting for these positions. These are dedicated people working for the benefit of the association members. Thank You!
- President Tashi Working: average - 6 hours per week
- Secretary Francoise Working: average - 3 hours per week
- Treasurer I-Ping Working: average - 2 hours per week
- Past President Carole Working: average - 6 hours per week
- Membership Coordinator Natalie Working: average - 3 hours per week + Executive duties
- Newsletter Coordinator Susan Working: average - 3 hours per week + Executive duties
- Web Coordinator Pierre Working: average - 3 hours per week + Executive duties
- OLT Gallery Coordinator Nadine Working: average - 1.5 hours per week + Executive duties
- Nectar Gallery Coordinator Nadine Working: average - 1.5 hours per week + Executive duties
- Assistant Gallery Coordinator Diane Working: average - 3 hours per month for 9 months
- Social Media CoordinatorNatalie Working: average - 1 hour per week
- Program Coordinator Carole Working: average - 3 hours per month + Executive duties
- Trophy Coordinator Janet Working: average - 12 hours per year
- Coupon Coordinator Pierre Working: average - 3 hours per week + Executive duties