Table of Contents
- Chair Board Meetings – These meetings take place from 6:00pm to 7:00pm on the second Tuesday of the months of September thru November and January thru June. The only exceptions are that there are no regular meetings in the months that Awards are held, during the summer months of July and August or in December.
- Provide the President’s Message for each issue of the Newsletter to the Editor.
- Renew the rental agreement with the City of Ottawa for the Heron Road facility by mid August of each year. This can be done electronically except for the actual payment. Examples are on file. Please ensure that they do not charge us as an “open to the public” event because that doubles the fee.
- Ensure that the Program Coordinator has scheduled a speaker/presenter for each meeting. Distribute the chits for attendants to sign and ensure that a gift card is available for the regular draw. Draw and award the gift card.
- Choose 3 Jurors for the Spring Awards Show and communicate the OAA requirements to them. A reference list of potential Jurors is included in the binder passed to the President. Request 3 unaddressed $100.00 Honorarium Cheques from the Treasurer to give to the Jurors who will judge the exhibition. Ensure their names are known only to you. Provide them with pads, pencils & confirm that they understand consensus is essential as is the rationale for their 1st choice in each category. Prepare a Master List of all exhibiting artists (see sample in binder) and make at least 60 copies for distribution on the Awards night.
- Call for volunteers and set up ad hoc committees to handle preparations for the Awards Show. See notes on the Awards Show Requirements.
- Host the Awards Show and award the prizes. Provide the list of winners the following day to the Newsletter Editor, the email Editor, and our web developer for the Web site posting.
- As required by the Treasurer, sign a supply of cheques on a regular basis.
- The Gallery Coordinator and the President both have keys to the side and front doors of the OLT and the person handling the tag production retains the OLT cupboard key. The printer is stored in the OLT cupboard but the laptop is retained by the person doing the tags.
- Resolve disputes or issues as required and in general provide leadership and encourage teamwork and participation.
- Liaise with the Chair/President to draft the Agenda.
- Take minutes at Executive Meetings and record motions raised.
- Send draft Minutes to the President for review and/or amendment, if possible within a few days after the meeting.
- Upon receipt of the President’s feedback, send draft Minutes to the Executive for their review.
- Include relevant reports as necessary and inform the Executive of the date of the next meeting.
- No later than one week prior to the Executive Meeting resend the final draft Minutes of the last meeting along with the Agenda for the upcoming meeting.
- Retain copies of Agendas, Minutes and relevant reports.
- Perform other secretarial duties at the request of the President.
- Receive all monies for fees and other Association business. (For example: From the membership secretary membership fees, Art Submission fees, OLT sales, etc.)
- Disburse funds upon receipt of proper submissions (invoices, or expense forms and receipts) and at the recorded discretion of the Executive. (For example: speaker fees, funds from sales of work to the artists, show costs, facility rentals, etc.)
- Open/maintain a bank account in the name of the Association.
- Deposit all funds of the Association in the Association’s account.
- Arrange short term investments (GICs) in the Association’s investment account.
- Keep accurate records and accounts, and submit to each meeting of the Executive Committee an up-to-date statement of accounts for ratification.
- Arrange audit of the financial records at close of the fiscal year and prepare, and present a Financial Report and auditor’s report to the Annual Meeting.
- Perform such other duties as customarily pertain to the office of the Treasurer.
OLT Gallery Coordinator
- Identify and manage the activities of the volunteer crews who assist in the hanging and removal of OAA artwork at the OLT.
- Record all artwork delivered for hanging at the OLT and accept and record the hanging fees in triplicate.
- Ensure the artwork complies with the rules for hanging at the OLT.
- Manage the production of the exhibit labels.
- Oversee the hanging of the artwork.
- Provide one copy of the Registration list to the OLT Accountant, one copy to the OAA Treasurer along with the fees collected, and retain the third copy for the Gallery records.
- There is a long standing crew of volunteers who handle the various tasks assigned to this role. The role of the Coordinator(s) is to ensure that all tasks are completed.
- For the Awards events, the additional task of selling tickets and attaching a colour tag to identify the artwork media is included in the registration process.
- Receive and record the information from each membership application in an Excel Spreadsheet and record the Expiry year based on whether it is a one or two year membership.
- Issue a Member’s Guide, a Membership card, and a receipt to the member and forward the payment to the Treasurer.
- At the beginning of August each year, issue a membership renewal reminder to all members with an expiry date of the current year. This is done by email for the vast majority of the members however, there are some who will require a hard copy by mail as they don’t have email.
- In mid-October, remove all expired memberships from the current membership list and provide a list of these members to the web Master so that their Gallery images will be suspended.
- Distribute the latest Membership list to the Executive via email prior to each meeting and present a short report at the meeting.
- Update the Membership list on the last day of each month preceding an Awards show. It is necessary to verify that only current members participate in these events so each person is checked against the current membership list on the day of the hanging for the Awards show.
- Respond to enquiries regarding membership status.
- Collect announcements and items of interest to members, as well as the President’s message and put them into an appropriate format for distribution.
- Publish the Newsletter by email to all members who can receive it that way and by hard copy to the remainder.
- Ensure the latest membership list is the one used for distribution purposes.
- There are 7 regular meetings a year that take place on the second Tuesday of every month. The role of the Program Coordinator is to identify a Speaker for each of these meetings. The presentations begin at 7:00 PM sharp and end at or before 9:00 PM.
- Create the program for the year and confirm each Guest Speaker and their presentation requirements in terms of technology assistance or otherwise.
- Greet and introduce the Guest to the member audience.
- Assist the Guest Speaker in their presentation as required and ensure time limits are respected.
- Thank the Guest Speaker and present him/her with the Honorarium.
- Engage one or two back ups in case a scheduled Speaker is unable to meet his/her commitment.
Web Design Coordinator
- Maintain the Association's website.
- Liaise with the Executive to ensure content of the website is current and accurate.
- Publish information about the Association.
- Design and propose designs for website sections.
- Ensure the website operates at optimum levels.